Croton Brewing

Ed's World of Beer

Forums

Forum Home > Brewery/ Brewpub Reviews > Black Forest Brew House....Farmingdale, NY

Ed Godek
Site Owner

I was out on Long Island Tuesday night and Wednesday giving a seminar (Pharmaceutical, not beer), so I contacted my bro, and he and his girlfriend met up with me.  JP found this place, the Black Forest Brew House and knew it would be up my alley.  It was a big place, with at least 2 copper kettles and 4 or 5 fermenters.  The food was German Style, also with burgers and a 5 Hop smoked Rib special.  We went for the German fare, which was so-so.  I should have tried the ribs....a colleague of mine had them and really enjoyed them.  The beer was very good.  My bro had the hefeweizen and really liked it.  I tried the Shwarzbier first.  It was pitch-black and very tasty.  I was too involved in conversation to get out my blackberry and record tasting notes....that would be too nerdy, anyway.  Stacey had a Pilsner and liked it.  I ended the night with 2 Oktoberfests, that were excellent.  I would recommend this place for beer and pretzels (we had them as an appetizer...they were very good).  They have 2 large bars.

October 1, 2009 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.